The New Year has kicked off with a busy buzz. I often have people over to my place and today I had my mentoring group over for breakfast and fellowship. Hubs was gifted a small boneless ham, so I decided to glaze it and serve it with applesauce. If I were on my own I could just eat the ham and a salad, but since most people are not used to not having bread at breakfast I thought it would be great to have a biscuit with the ham. I don’t usually repost other people’s recipes but this was too good and easy not to share – Snapguide had a great low carb biscuit recipe that I adapted.
The biscuits were savory and moist, and were good enough to eat on their own. This recipe makes about 8 pieces in a regular muffin pan; I’m pretty sure it may be even better in a muffin top pan. Hmmm…looks like it’s time to get a muffin top pan! I’m not sure my over gadget-filled kitchen has space though. I have a basic principle about what I can buy now – it has to be a piece of equipment that I would use often enough, possibly at least once a month. If I do get the muffin top pan I suspect my friends would be recipients of a lot more biscuits in the future! 😄
But seriously, here are a couple more links if any of you are serious about the low carb lifestyle but miss your breads and buns. These are as good as the real thing.
– Cheese crackers
And finally here is the biscuit recipe.
Low Carb Biscuits
- 1 1/2 cups almond flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup full fat sour cream
- 55 g butter, melted
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar chees
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- Grease a muffin pan and preheat the oven to 200 deg C.
- Mix the almond flour, salt and baking powder together.
- In another bowl, beat the eggs with the sour cream , then add in the melted butter and beat further.
- Mix in the dry ingredients, then the shredded cheese.
- Spoon into the muffin pan, filling up halfway to 2/3 way from the top.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes at 200 deg C.
- Allow the biscuits to cool slightly, then unmold from the pan. Serve warm.