This is a really quick recipe today. Yesterday when I went to the market the fishmonger looked really surprised that I was only getting 500g of clams, which was actually all I needed for my Low Carb Hokkien Prawn Mee recipe. Sucker that I was I ended up buying 1 kg of clams which left me wondering what to do with the extra 500g.
Anyway as things turned out, it ended in a hectic and busy day with rehearsals for ushering for the expected 50,000 strong Jubilee Day of Prayer at the Sports Hub and we were starving by the time we got back home. Turns out that a single restriction that did not allow us to give out goody bags at the gate meant that 50,000 goody bags had to be placed on the chairs. Up till late last night our youth volunteers were still at it.
Anyway back to it. This is a magically quick recipe that literally takes 15 minutes to complete. What’s not to like about japanese sake right? It was a happy and fitting end to an exhausting day.
SAKE STEAMED CLAMS
- 500g clams, washed in a large container of water
- 1/4 cup Japanese Sake
- 1 tsp soy sauce
- 1-2 sprigs of spring onions, finely chopped
- Carefully clean the clams in a large pot of water.
- Place clams in a large bowl and pour sake over the top.
- Place bowl in steamer and steam on high heat till clamshells open. Discard any that are still closed.
- Add soy sauce to the clam and sake mixture, then top with chopped spring onions. Serve immediately.
Net carbs: 5.5g
One thought on “Sake Steamed Clams”
This looks gorgeous!!!!!